Sunday, December 23, 2018

[Manga] Demon Slayer mini review

As I patiently wait for the next release of Koyoharu Gotouge's, Demon Slayer, I guess I should do a mini review of sorts. While I'm not a huge manga reader this one really got my attention.

Set in the Taisho period of Japan, Tanjiro Kamado, a young boy who supports his family through selling charcoal, returns home one day to find that his entire family has been slaughtered by a demon. The only surviving member of the attack is his sister Nezuko who has been turned into a demon herself. Now it is up to Tanjiro to find a way to restore his sister's humanity and avenge his family's death.

After finishing up the latest installment in the series I can only tell you is that I cannot be anymore excited for the next volume to come out. The art, pacing, story, and characters are all a satisfying treat to the senses that keep me hyped with each turn of the page. The tale of the powerless becoming the powerful are the type of stories that never get old to me. They're the type of stories that we can relate to and feel more connected with.

Along his way Tanjiro meets other characters that help him progress along his journey such as Sakonji Urokodaki, a master swordsmen, who takes in Jiro as his pupil to train him to be a demon slayer; Tamayo and Yushiro, two powerful demons that try to help him find a cure for Nezuko; and Zenitsu Agatsuma, another demon slayer and dimwit that accompanies Tenjiro along his quest.

Will Tenjiro find a way to cure Nezuko? Will his training be enough to stand against the even more powerful demons to come? These questions and more have been rattling in my brain as my mouth salivates over the next issue.

If you're into the swordsmen revenge story types then this is a manga that I wholeheartedly recommend. With only three volumes out in America, and an anime adaptation coming in April of next year, there should be no reason to pass up on a gem like this.

Well that's gonna do it for now. If there's anything that I could have elaborated more on or if you have a different opinion on the subject please let me know in the comment section. Your criticisms help me grow as a writer, so don't be afraid to let me know where I need improvement.

Peace to all✌     

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Anime][Review] [First Impression] Gotoubun no Hanayome

What is up, everybody? Today I wanted to take a look at an anime that I am finding to be a pretty nice addition to the harem genre, and afte...