Thursday, January 10, 2019

Paperback manga and why I prefer it.


Now before I begin I should tell you that this isn't gonna be an in-depth analysis about paper vs. digital manga. This is just my opinion on why I gravitate more towards physical forms of literature.
   
I've only recently started to read manga and it has occurred to me that although there exist platforms for reading manga online I still prefer to read the physical copy. For one I just love the feeling of having a tangible collection of something that I like. Coming home and seeing the effort I put into trying to complete a series I like brings a sense of well being to my soul. Also staring at a bright screen for hours really puts a strain my eyes and although you could say I should just take a break every hour, come on now, I'm an otaku. I don't know the meaning of the word "break". Just something about sitting back on my couch with a book in one hand and a cup-a-joe in the other gives me an unprecedented pleasure that no other form of written media has been able to do.   

This isn't to say that I'll never read manga online seeing as how web exclusive manga has been on the rise in recent years with projections indicating that digital manga will exceed paper in sales in the coming future. In fact animes such as One Punch Man, and, my personal favorite, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, were adapted from the digital manga. Plus checking out a manga online first will allow me to determine whether or not it's worth spending my money on the physical copy for my collection.

Overall I'm open to there being more web-based manga seeing as how it doesn't bound an author to a single publisher since they can just upload their comics to image hosting site and/or their social media page. Although I still find it strange that authors still print their material in black and white but I guess that's just an aesthetic thing or to just save time. Still though even if I do prefer paper manga I'm hoping that its digital counterpart finds a special place in otaku culture and even in my heart.

Well, that'll do it for this post. If you have an opinion on the subject please let me know. I'd love to hear what you think about the new digital age of manga reading. Until next time. Peace   

   



               

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Anime][Review] [First Impression] Gotoubun no Hanayome

What is up, everybody? Today I wanted to take a look at an anime that I am finding to be a pretty nice addition to the harem genre, and afte...